ISAF Grade 3 Match Racing Regatta 30Nov -02 December 2008
- Organising Authority
The organising authority (OA) will be the Match Racing Association of India and the event shall be sailed under the Burgee of the Indian Naval Watermanship Training Center, Mumbai
The venue will be Chowpatty Bay, Mumbai India
- Event Grading
The event has applied for ISAF Grade 3 event. This grading is subject to review by the ISAF Match Race Rankings Sub Committee. The event may be re-graded when there is clear reason to do so.
- Provisional programme
- The provisional programme is:
- weighing from November 29th, 11:00 - 1100H 30 Nov.Race office open from November 29th at 11:00 hours.
- Registration from November 29th, 11:00 - 1100H 30 Nov.
- Crew weighing from November 29th, 11:00 - 1100H 30 Nov.Race office open from November 29th at 11:00 hours.
- Practice from November 29th, 11:00 - 1100H 30 Nov.
- First briefing at November 30th, 11:00Hrs.
- First meeting with the umpires at following the first briefing.
- Racing days from November 30-December 02.
- Time of the first race each day will be 11:00.
- Daily press conference 1 hour after the last race of each day.
- The prize giving on November 02nd at 2000 hrs.
- Unless excused by the OA, attendance at the following is mandatory:
- Initial briefing for skippers.
- Daily briefing, for skippers.
- Daily press conferences, for skippers sailing that day.
- The opening / prize-giving ceremonies for all skippers and crews.
- Skippers eligibility
- 12 skippers will be invited.Only skippers invited by the OA will be eligible to enter this event.
- The registered skipper shall helm the boat at all times while racing, except in an emergency.
- To remain eligible a skipper shall confirm acceptance of invitation in writing, (fax or e-mail is acceptable) to be received by the date specified on the entry form.
- All competitors shall meet the eligibility requirements of ISAF regulation 19.2
- All competitors shall obtain an ISAF Sailor ID by registering online at www.sailing.org/isafsailor. Skippers shall inform the OA of their ISAF Sailor ID at registration.
- All competitors of Indian citizenship shall be individual members of the Match Racing Association of India.
- The skipper shall be entered on completion of registration, crew weighing and the payment of all fees and deposits. All payments shall be made by cash.
- Entry Fee A non-refundable entry fee of USD 100(INR 4,000) shall be paid at registration.
- Damage deposit
- An initial damage deposit of USD 600(INR 24,000) shall be paid at registration, unless extended by the OA. This deposit is the maximum payable by a skipper as a result of any one incident.
- In the event of a deduction from the damage deposit is decided by the OA, it may require that the deposit be restored to its original amount before the skipper will be permitted to continue in the event.
- Any remaining deposit after the event will be refunded within 10 days after the event.
- The event will be governed by the rules as defined in the RRS, and including Appendix C;
- The rules for the handling of boats will apply, and will also apply to any practice sailing and sponsor races. Class rules will not apply.
- Any prescriptions of the local authority that will apply shall be posted on the official notice board.
- This Notice of Race, including amendments;
- The sailing instructions (available at registration) and any amendments thereof.
- Major Alterations of the RRS Add to RRS 42:
- The use of the shrouds to facilitate roll tacking or gybing, or use of the shrouds above the lower bottle screw (turnbuckle) to aid the projection of a crew member outboard is prohibited.
- An International Jury (IJ) will be appointed, approved by the ISAF, in accordance with RRS Appendix N.
- The OA may place an observer on each boat to provide information to the umpires.
- Boats and Sails
- The event will be sailed on "J-24" type boats.
- 6 boats will be provided.
- The following sails will be provided for each boat: Mainsail, Jib, Spinnaker,
- Boats will be allocated by draw, either daily or for each round as decided by the Race Committee.
- Crew (including skipper)
- The number of crew (including the skipper) shall be 4. It shall be 5 in case of a women's team. All registered crew shall sail all races.
- The maximum total crew weight, determined prior to racing shall be 350 kg, when wearing at least shorts and shirts.
- When a registered skipper is unable to continue in the event, the IJ may authorise an original crew member to substitute.
- When a registered crew member is unable to continue in the event, the IJ may authorise a substitute, a temporary substitute or other adjustment.
- Event Forma
- Skippers will be divided into groups based on ISAF ranking list 30 days prior to the event.
- The event will consist of the following stages: Round robin, Quarter-final, Semi-final andFinal
- The OA may change the format, terminate or eliminate any round, when conditions do not permit the completion of the intended format.
- The course will be windward/leeward with starboard rounding, finishing downwind.
- The intended course area will be in Chowpatty Bay as close to the shore as possible.
- As boats and equipment will be supplied by the Organising Authority, ISAF Regulation 20.3.2 "Advertising Code" applies. Each boat will be required to display advertising as supplied by the OA
- Competitors may be permitted to display advertising ashore at the venue, but this is subject to individual negotiation with the Organizing Authority.
- Boats shall not be permitted the right to protest for breaches of any rules regarding advertising (amends RRS 60.1).
- The principal prize for first place will be "Qualifier-Mumbai International Match Race Trophy". The top 3 skippers shall be invited to participate in the Mumbai InternationalMatch Race 2008. More than 3skippers may be invited from the event at the discretion of the OA.Additionally there will be other prizes and memory gifts established by Sponsors of the Event. The OA may reduce a prize in the case ofmisconduct or refusal to comply with any reasonable request, including attendance at official functions.
- Images and Sound The OA may require television personnel and equipment (or dummies) to be carried on board while racing and may require competitors to be available for interviews. The OA shall have the right to use any images and sound recorded during the event free of any charge.
- S p a r e
- Other requirements
- Each team is requested to provide a national flag approximately 25?40 cm for display from the stern of the boat.
- Each team is requested to provide their national anthem on CD.
- All those taking part in the event do so at their own risk. The OA, its associates and appointees accept no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or inconvenience incurred, howsoever caused.
- Invitations Entries will only be accepted from invited skippers. If you wish to be invited please register your request for an invitation as soon as possible with the OA by completing the attached form.
- For further information please contact: ORGANISING COMMITTEE
Cdr R Mahesh - Director
Match Racing Association Of India
C/O NAVAL SAILING CLUB,
PILOT BUNDER ROAD, COLABA,
MUMBAI - 400005, INDIA
Tel: +91 22 22151826
Fax: +91 22 22154011